Because you've lost enough sleep DIYing Your Copy
Multilingual copy coaching, training & copywriting for innovators on a mission
Know what works & why. Build your tribe. Change the world.
Whether you've founded a startup or you're leading your team into the 21st century: you're on a mission to change your industry and try something new.
Hard graft and hustle have propelled you to a certain level of success.
But you know you need even more critical mass... you want to go BIG.
And you feel kinda stuck in your own head.
Time to level up and move past the DIY approach that got you thus far.
Hi! I'm Sabine Harnau
Here to help you tell your story, reach more people
and teach you the art & science of being good with words
I've been writing copy since I was 15 and trying to interest pupils for educational policies.
15 years later, I started and led the global copy team at LEGO Customer Service. The tone of voice, copywriting and advisor training we created made LEGO customer service emails go viral — such as the one that went out to Luka Apps. Proof that customer service is a marketing function, and how the best way to market is by truly caring for the customer.
I then spent a few years at London-based consultancy soh (now Mazaru): writing web copy, voice scripts, chat and email messages for over 70 iconic brands.
It was really during that time that I started to sense the urgency...
I simply could no longer ignore the fact that people and planet will soon go to **** if we don't get our act together.
- If we want to make sustainability the norm, we need better communication.
- If we want people to take more responsibility, we need better communication.
- If we want to break down the barriers that keep us from working together, we need better communication.
That's why I started From Scratch
Because to make society more humane, we need to harness the best that the humanities have to offer — from design thinking and UX practices to linguistics, psychology and (gasp!) socio-political studies.
After studying in Germany and working in the UK for 8 years, I'm now based in the Amsterdam area, free to support you and your mission.
"No borders" is my motto
- Right at this moment, we're all on the same improbable ball of material, flying through space at a ridiculous speed.
What's the meaning of 'us' and 'them'?
- The internet is global. This our chance to work together globally to solve poverty, climate change and war.
- Writing from scratch from a place of empathy is far more effective than importing cultural bias through tired best practices,
or word-by-word translation.
- This also means taking customer service out of its contact centre silo and turning marketing into customer care.
- Collaboration beats competition: let's build a network of likeminded folks so we can deliver bigger, better projects, together.
Working on your message should be refreshing, fluid & fun
That's my #1 goal for you.
- Transparent, organised processes mean you'll always know what's going on: research & discovery — writing & wire framing — testing & learning — repeat.
- Whether you opt for coaching or done-for-you copy, I invite your questions. You stay in control.
- Easy on the admin: book coaching sessions directly, accept quotes online and pay in GBP or Euros — via bank transfer, iDeal, SOFORT Überweisung or credit card.
- I promise you'll leave every project with a clearer idea of what goes into great copy. Which means you'll not only write better yourself — you'll also be a better judge of quality when hiring a writer in future.